Old C&R firearms???

leadhead

Old C&R firearms???

Post by leadhead »

OK, I had a C&R license for 9 years. I let it expire 3 years ago. In that 9 year period, I received
quit a few firearms. Last month, I reapplied for my C&R again and got it a couple weeks ago.
Now my old bound book is no longer in play, so my question is, if I sell one of my guns that were
listed in my old bound book, do I have to log it in then out of my new book? I understand that
when I let my license expire, that all my previous guns were no longer regulated. Any information
on this would be great. I plan to get rid of a few of them, and want to be within the law.
Thanks
leadhead
dmg4

Re: Old C&R firearms???

Post by dmg4 »

I'd suggest that you contact BATFE and ask their advice, and get it in writing. Their opinion is going to carry the weight in the end, more so than anything from an online forum. You can submit your question through their website, and this will provide the needed paper trail.
Frequently wrong, never in doubt.
leadhead

Post by leadhead »

Thank you sir.... I figured that would be the response. I just figured that as far as anybody
knows, I could have sold them a couple years ago. I have sold a couple before I got my new
license. I'll dig a little further into it.
leadhead
deadin

Post by deadin »

if I sell one of my guns that were
listed in my old bound book, do I have to log it in then out of my new book?
Yes! All A&D's shall be entered in your book. Just list the one's you already had before getting your new license as "From collection"
It's up to you if you want to list a "pre-owned" C&R in the book until you sell it and then list it at that time. I find it easier to just keep all of my C&R's in the book. (It's a good place to keep an inventory.)

Return to “C&R License Related Info”