Tokarev Pistols-Gun CollectorMag.

72 usmc
Gun Junkie
Gun Junkie

Tokarev Pistols-Gun CollectorMag.

Post by 72 usmc »

The new issue of Man at Arms " Gun Collector " magazine: Volume 42, No.6, December 2020 just arrived and has a nine page
article on Tokarev pistols. Title : Surplus Tokarev Pistols, An Emerging Area for Collectors by Cameron S. White. Pages 10-17 and page 29. Also in the issue is an ad for a new book: The Complete Book of Tokarev Pistols by Cameron S. White; 224 pages soft cover at $39.99 from Mowbray Publishing and out in December 2020. see https://gunandswordcollector.com/produc ... v-pistols/

So this is an issue of Gun Collector you may want to pick up. For all the pistol nuts... :clap: :dance: :dance:
IMG_3191.jpg
Last edited by 72 usmc on Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.
72 usmc
Gun Junkie
Gun Junkie

Re: Gun CollectorMag. -Surplus Tokarev Pistols-

Post by 72 usmc »

The new book, The Complete Book of Tokarev Pistols by Cameron S. White; is out and can be ordered. Gun Collector just got a shipment from the printer>
I just ordered mine. New and so hot just off the press..no preorder. Shipping is 4.50 so the book came to $44.49 total. Got A message that they are sending out all the preorders and new orders and it will take 10 days to arrive. They just got the books on Tue. They must have sold a good number already.

Easy link:
https://gunandswordcollector.com/produc ... v-pistols/
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.
72 usmc
Gun Junkie
Gun Junkie

Re: Gun CollectorMag. -Surplus Tokarev Pistols-

Post by 72 usmc »

Well, after getting a 10 day shipping notice it arrived over the weekend in 4 days. Here is a contents page. Like most of Mowbray's high quality paperbacks, it is well bound leafs- sewn and a glued on thick cover, high quality thick paper with clear photos mostly black & white, but also many color. Well worth the price. I will have to do a review. None of their paperbacks have split, some are from the mid 1980s. I'd like a hard cover, but no such critter. Now off to a day of reading :dance: :dance:
Contents Page of The Complete Book of Tokarev Pistols
IMG_3472.jpg
Some example pages:
IMG_3475.jpg
IMG_3476.jpg
IMG_3477.jpg
Charles Lipscomb

Re: Tokarev Pistols-Gun CollectorMag.

Post by Charles Lipscomb »

Thanks for the reminder. I saw this last year on fb, and even ordered their catalog.
I could drop a thousand bucks on their books and only make a small dent in their offerings,

I've been meaning to get a copy.
Maybe this will get me off my ass. :)

On a side note, I had read that srf had been sold at auction, and shuttered.
I was so bummed out I couldn't bring myself to stop by and confirm it.

I will try and drop in more regularly.
" The beatings will continue until morale improves."
Management
72 usmc
Gun Junkie
Gun Junkie

Post by 72 usmc »

Only one word can explain this book:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

I find myself re-reading each chapter.

Dr. White shows examples of each year of Russian Toks, both the TT30 and TT 33 with nice sized photos and then oval magnified highlights of the specific markings. He has collector comments that are very useful. I have no idea where he found so many examples and all the photos are the same size and quality so pictures are a consistent, outstanding quality. He must have traveled to photo each example???? He also references the owner and serial number. Unfortunately he does not show all the Yugo series, but shows crests of A, B, C, D, G, J, Double prefix & NO prefix pistols. He should have contacted us for the many others. I believe myself and Greg still have examples of our crests and pistols. Still a fantastic chapter. I still do not have a double prefix example.
I :shhh: am going to order a second copy to keep as mint.
There is so much incredible information. I am using my copy for notes, comments, and highlighting- a working copy and will buy another for reading to keep mint. Order two copies if you are into toks. Save postage. A great resource :doh:
NorthMan

Post by NorthMan »

Looks like an awesome reference. Thanks for letting us know. Something to add to my birthday list.

Last bumped by 72 usmc on Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:01 pm.

Return to “Military Pistols General Topics”