Siamese-Mauser firing pin spring? Mauser 98?

Arisaka, Murata, Siamese, Korean, and North China Rifles
Albo

Siamese-Mauser firing pin spring? Mauser 98?

Post by Albo »

I'm doubtful but I have to ask. Does anyone know if the Siamese-Mauser is able to use a 98 Mauser firing pin spring?
72 usmc
Gun Junkie
Gun Junkie

Re: Siamese-Mauser firing pin spring? Mauser 98?

Post by 72 usmc »

I have spare 98 mauser and other new wolf springs set aside if i need a replacement. So if you send ID, OD, the number of coils, and length of the spring I can see what matches my spare spring sets. Use inches on a vernier caliper. I have no idea what would fit. I keep one spare spring, new wolf on hand, incase I need to replace one for the rifles I collect. It was cheeper on shipping to get a number of different springs in case I stumble onto a cheep rifle and it needs a new spring. Shipping for one is about the same as 6 or 8 springs. I can also compare it to the the Arasaka spring. Maybe wolf will have one that fits???
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.
72 usmc
Gun Junkie
Gun Junkie

Post by 72 usmc »

Slowbob2 might be the only one with enough experience & knowledge to answer this question. Lots of Japanese and mauser collections. But I have not seen or heard from him in awhile.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.
Cattus Borealis

Post by Cattus Borealis »

Contact Wolff gun springs directly. I have found them to be very knowledgeable and helpful. Perhaps someone has already had this issue before.

Return to “Japanese and Far East Rifles”