WASR Furniture Swap Completed

ffuries

WASR Furniture Swap Completed

Post by ffuries »

Finally got around to getting all the parts and pieces to complete the furniture swap on my WASR 10. First picture shows it as I received it, no cleaning rod, no sling, the cheap blonde wood. The bayonet was from a pile of bayonets a friend gave me for free some years back.

So got the cleaning rod, and the sling. Found some Romanian surplus furniture, it was missing the butt spring and the cleaning kit. Found a spring and got a cleaning kit. The surplus stock set came with the pistol grip, but no screw, found one of them. So the stock set and pistol grip are surplus.

Need to file down the bayonet lug some, as it's too thick to accommodate the bayonet. But at least when you look at the rifle now it looks like a proper AKM.

First picture as I received it.
Second picture has she looks now.
Attachments
20200919_225250.jpg
20200919_223943.jpg
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Ghoulardi

Re: WASR Furniture Swap Completed

Post by Ghoulardi »

in the picture you show how you got it, I don't believe that is "cheap blond wood" it might be IRONWOOD or Bulgarian stock set....both of which are far from "cheap"
COOL IT WITH THE BOOM-BOOMS!! OVA-DAY!!
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Ghoulardi wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:54 pm in the picture you show how you got it, I don't believe that is "cheap blond wood" it might be IRONWOOD or Bulgarian stock set....both of which are far from "cheap"
I don't know what the wood is, but it is light (Weight wise) and easily broke. Just using my hand to wiggle the buttstock off, I broke a piece off. When comparing the two buttstocks in hand you can feel the weight difference.

It was purported that the stock sets on the later WASRs were US made, true or not I don't know.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
ffuries

Post by ffuries »

Ghoulardi wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:54 pm in the picture you show how you got it, I don't believe that is "cheap blond wood" it might be IRONWOOD or Bulgarian stock set....both of which are far from "cheap"
Here's a picture I swiped from the internet, my stock broke in the same place (On one side) when removing it.
Attachments
FnLx0k2Hx0H4Lx2Gzne4Ooh9TfIk3F0I75xMWO2s5n0.jpg
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member
Burner
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by Burner »

Really dont think it is Ironwood. Actually it looks like chinese Chu wood. Who knows what century used to make it importable.
Aint nothing you cant fix with five gallons of diesel and a match.

Return to “AK Style”