North Korean Tok expensive...

Yugo, Romanian etc.
72 usmc
Gun Junkie
Gun Junkie

North Korean Tok expensive...

Post by 72 usmc »

So who needs a North Korean Tokarev. Kind of on the rare side, got to start talking to some Marine Korean vets...
Start saving your pennies...
https://www.forgottenweapons.com/type-6 ... er-hybrid/

Pre98 Antiqes source, SOLD
LINK https://pre98.com/shop/preview-north-ko ... n-special/
SOLD NORTH KOREAN DPRK TYPE 68 PISTOL……….ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE TO LOCATE…….KIM JONG UN SPECIAL!!!

:arrow: :arrow: :roll: $6,500.00

Out of stock
DESCRIPTION
I have only ever seen one other of these in my travels, there probably are less than a dozen in the States. This is the North Korean Type 68 Pistol. It is a derivative of the Tokarev Pistol. It is the current side arm of the DPRK armed forces and has been since the late 1960’s. This is the straight up military version. The bore is better than decent. There probably are not two parts that match on this pistol, I’m not sure if they ever did, this may because they just did not care. This pistol has always been the missing link in every Tokarev and Communist pistol collection and they just are not available. This example is believed to have been a CIA agents personal brought back souvenir from Gawd knows where in the 1970’s. This certainly would be a conversation piece for any collector, not too many people can boast that they have a North Korean Military firearm.
Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 6.13.41 PM.png
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.
72 usmc
Gun Junkie
Gun Junkie

Re: North Korean Tok expensive...

Post by 72 usmc »

This would be a nice christmas present for me, too bad I have no Uncle Rich" .
:violin:

Could I be this lucky... see https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/north ... d.1376343/
Back in 2011 this guy posted this pistol on SRF. Now long gone.
Discussion Starter • #1 • Oct 18, 2011 (Edited)
Had a good find the other week. In a local shop, I spied a strange Tokarev. Turns out it's a North Korean Type 68. I understand that relatively few people have seen these, so I thought I would share some information and photos.

A few observations:

1) It appeared that there was powder residue in the barrel, on the throat ramp, and around the ejection port. Makes me suspect it's been fired "relatively" recently.

2) The magazine holds 8 rounds.

3) The numbered parts are matching. The serial number, or parts of it, appear to be electro-penciled in various places. These include magazine, magazine base plate, hammer, slide and frame (of course), hammer assembly, and barrel. Last 2 digits stamped (not e-penciled) on hammer assy, all digits stamped (not e-penciled) on barrel.

4) There are small star stamps in quite a few places. The star points are somewhat rounded instead of very pointy. You can see one on the magazine picture above.

5) There are also several circle-in-triangle stamps, though none of them very evenly struck. You can kind of make one out on the upper left face of the trigger in the pic above.

6) Trigger pull is fairly light, I am guessing perhaps 4 lbs.

7) Lots of the parts have hardness proof-punch marks on them, some multiple punches. The mag follower, for example, has three.

8) Some of the parts seem to be a different steel, or perhaps tempered. They are a reddish brown color. These include the extractor, trigger spring, and grip latches.

9) The pistol is not import-marked in any way. I suspect it might be a Vietnam bring-back, or was possibly taken out via South Korea (we've had troops stationed there since the war). I wish this thing could talk.

Notice the $250 price :o :o :o
Rlateral-1.jpg
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Return to “Combloc Pistols”