Early Occupation Radom Vis 35

paulbre1

Early Occupation Radom Vis 35

Post by paulbre1 »

Hi Everyone
I have an early Occupation Type 1, Radom Vis 35 Pistol Serial Number 599.all matching including the Locking Block. I have two Steyr Mags and a 1944 late War Holster for a complete Rig. This 3 lever pistol has the stock slot.and a blued barrel, from what I read the first 500 pistols were for the Kriegsmarine, which it is not stamped.WaA77 Radom Factory Code. But missing the final Steyr Inspection Stamp WaA623.

I was wondering if this could be a resistance Pistol Smuggled out of the Plant, and does anyone else have one of these Pre Alpha early Pistols.any idea of what it should bring in North America. War Time Pistols are starting to go up again in Canada. but Gun sales are soft due to our left-wing Liberals.

Thanks for looking.
Attachments
DSCN0918.JPG
IMG_0880.JPG
IMG_0879.JPG
IMG_0875.JPG
DSCN3066.JPG
72 usmc
Gun Junkie
Gun Junkie

Re: Early Occupation Radom Vis 35

Post by 72 usmc »

I do not collect these and one sees very few at WI gun shows due to price. Few can afford them. It's a high end item. Like Lugers, the market priced itself out of the range of a normal buyers/collectors. I have seen prices at $3500-4000 for some of the Nazi pistols. But there are many different variations and I really have no idea on price because I never see a Vis 35 under $1200 for a beater. More of a well to do, big time collector like you see bidding on Rock Island auctions. Few of these collectors waste time a gun shows, they buy the best of the best and spend $1000 bucks like it is a $100 bill. I must say it is a fine pistol and I enjoyed seeing it. Actually, I printed out the pictures. Thank You
:idea: wait for a reply from RWS, he is up on his pistols. Maybe PM him for ideas.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.
paulbre1

Post by paulbre1 »

Thanks for your Reply
I have been doing more research on this Pistol. They had a final inspection at Styer in Austria WaA623 Code which is no were to be found on this Pistol.as well as no WaA77 Code for Radom Poland on the Slide. These first pre Alpha Pistols were to go to the Kriegsmarine which had an additional Stamp on the Frame no were to be found. It has a Blue Polish-made Barrel requested by the Kriegsmarine. Later on, they were not Blued and were made at the Styer Plant in Austria, To stop the Smuggling from the Polish Resistance.
The Polish resistance would work on two identical Serial-Numbered parts working on the line to fool the Germans and steal the parts before being shipped to Styer. Wishful thinking but I believe this gun may have been taken by the Resistance before it was sent to Styer.
I will have to do a lot of homework on the Polish Resistance [ home army] to see if I can get more information.
Thanks for looking
M67

Post by M67 »

It is a beautiful pistol. Nice, simple and solid piece of steel. Especially from the first war years. I was lucky. I was searching for such a pistol and finaly two years aggo found and bought it in my neighbourghood. All matching.
»You're a disgrace. I'd like to know how you got to be a Captain, anyway. »Yossarian: »You promoted me.« Colonel Cathcart: » That has got nothing to do with it.«
M67

Post by M67 »

My VIS!
»You're a disgrace. I'd like to know how you got to be a Captain, anyway. »Yossarian: »You promoted me.« Colonel Cathcart: » That has got nothing to do with it.«
paulbre1

Post by paulbre1 »

HI M67
Do not see picks of your VIS
M67

Post by M67 »

I hope now is better! All matching. I was aearching for this pistol many years and finally I foun it in my local area. Frm Poland to Germa hands and from German hands intto the partizan hands.
Attachments
vis 2.jpg
VIS1.jpg
NorthMan

Post by NorthMan »

Very nice looking pistol - Thanks for sharing.
paulbre1

Post by paulbre1 »

Nice pice you finally found. can you send close up picks of the Slide I am interested in Underground Pistols?
Thanks
M67

Post by M67 »

More photos... however all photos I have already published in my original post.Anyway, here you are.
Attachments
vis 5.jpg
vis 4.jpg
vis 3.jpg
paulbre1

Post by paulbre1 »

Very nice condition K Block Pistol has all the Radom control stamps as well as the Steyr E/623 Stamp.is the Barrel unblued.
You are lucky to find one in that condition a keeper for sure.
M67

Post by M67 »

Thanks. All these photos were taken before cleaning. I found the pistoli in that condition.
72 usmc
Gun Junkie
Gun Junkie

Post by 72 usmc »

Very nice had too bump it up
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

Return to “German Pistols”